Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 2

Today was a really fun day. I'm still a little wacked out from the time change, it's probably around 7 back home which means its like 2 in the morning here, but because of the time change I can't really sleep well. Last night I slept for a couple hours, woke up, watched some youtube shows and went back to bed and woke up at like one here. It was nice. I got ready ate, caught the bus and went to Avenida de America to meet up with a friend to go see the sights of Madrid. Now most of you are probably thinking you have spent 2 years there, didn't you see all that already? Well yes most of it I have seen, but it was different this time. Before I was a missionary. Everything was planned and most of it all happened on pday. Which meant yeah during the week I would see it but it was on a time limit and so on.

We went to eat first at TGIF Fridays. It was actually a lot better then in the US(I got sick the last time I went in Utah and haven't been since). Then we walked around the city a bit. We went to the Palacio Real which is where the king and queen of Spain used to live. We went to the huge freaking church across the street from there. That was way cool and weird inside. Old churches are pretty cool to see though. Then we got ice cream. After that we went to an egyptian temple. Why in the crap they have a temple from Egypt in Spain I have no idea, but it was pretty cool. We then took off to a park and just chilled. That was one of my favorite parts of the day. We could just go sit down and take it all in! No being rushed no having to stop people to try and talk to them, we just sat and chilled. Which was really nice. Around 8 we grabbed the metro and headed to the CCM which is the MTC that they have here in Spain. It's like a mini Temple Square. They have the temple a stake center and the ccm. We went there to be fake investigators for the missionaries so they could teach us. I was kinda not really wanting to go at first, but when we got there all the memories of when I was in the same place that all the missionaries are now it was great! We had a good time with them and I felt their pain. They were pretty new to Spain and didn't speak very well and it brought back a bunch of memories from when I was there. It was a really neat experience though. It was also awesome that I went there but didn't have to stay! lol I love being able to do what I want here. It makes for an awesome trip.

I've been thinking about home and I hope things are well back there. I miss you all! Especially my critters and that person that is staying in my house for the 2 weeks! Miss you person! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment