Friday, January 14, 2011

Ipod's

I recently(last night) became the proud owner of a new Ipod Touch, 4th Generation. My Ipod classic in all it's glory at a 120 GB is amazing, but not able to do some of the things that I wanted, so I saved up some cash and bought my new toy...Can I just say this thing is AMAZING?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I must admit that while I knew I was buying the 32GB Touch, I had no idea it was the 4th generation and basically came with tons of awesome stuff...It had duel cameras, can do face time calls with other ipoders, and tons of other things I'm finding out as I go along the road...Which Is pretty much amazing from were they started out at.

You see I remember when Ipods first came out..I was on my mission, and I remember getting a letter from my mom talking about these new music things that could hold all your music and such. I had just recently bought a CD player to play my MOTAB and EFY goodness when she told me this..I had no idea what she was talking about and was just perfectly happy with what I had in my CD player...A couple months went by and people were talking out them in the good ol streets of Guadalajara Spain were I was then serving. Now Guad was a small little city and things got there kinda later after other bigger cities so I didn't know that Madrid had already gotten the Ipods..Were they selling them in stores? Were they being sold out of little Kiosko out in the park? Could you buy them from the little old lady down our street that somehow sold everything? No, you could buy them out of a vending machine...you just walk up stick your credit card in the machine and down drops your 200 euro thing to the bottom were hopefully it didn't break. People were all over these things! I finally got a hold of one of the first generation ipods and looking at what I've got now, it makes me kinda laugh. The old Ipods were black and white screens, no color and I believe the casings on them were just one color. White..They were like 2 inches thick and could probably withstand a bullet shot o being run over by a truck, they were huge and bulky and girls probably used them to warn off would be kidnappers while they ran....because the headphones formed an eternal grip of death with the pod and I remember swinging one around by the headphones just cause the member in my area said I couldn't do it without breaking it...Two problems with that...one, don't tell me what I can't do, with anything not to mention your expensive electronics..and two don't give me your expensive electronic and then tell me to try it...not smart...Needless to say I proved him wrong and he was able to continue listening to his musical tunes. They were like the first cellphones that came out when they did, that had a rotor dialer and were 9 feet tall. Pretty epic...The one I picked up yesterday is maybe a 1/4 of an inch thick, has a screen that I'm afraid to touch cause it could break and is the optimum example of music awesomeness......and as it would have been great to buy it from a vending machine like back in the day it probably would of broken into 300 pieces from the fall of a few feet..so I'm glad I didn't..needless to say I love the thing. Also I have way too many electronics...But I love them...My phone and now my Ipod touch have helped me survive many meetings and stay awake rather then being asleep in the front row dreaming of my hopes of finding something that would help me stay awake....I have used them many times for dance parties and have gotten to Disney Land and Sea World and many other places like around Salt Lake, with little problem, because apparently when I get to Salt Lake all my tracking knowledge goes out the window and I become a moron...Heck I have even kept a group of 4 year old kids quiet with my one ipod...now that ladies and gents is the power of something that I can't think of right now... All in all it's pretty incredible how far we have come and how we still have so far to go....those umpa lumpas deserve so much more credit then they get...also they should sing more...Hilarious...

No comments:

Post a Comment