Monday, April 18, 2011

Ocean Critters

I'm sorry to all of you that love those land critters, I love them too, but the ocean life to me is far cooler then any land animal. Unless I could find a way to get a dino. That would be pretty cool.

One of the main things I miss about living in Cali, was going to the beaches and chasing after fish diving with them and playing around in the tide pools catching crabs and checking out whatever was in them. I got scuba certified when I was 17 and it has been a blast. I haven't had the chance to do much diving, but whenever I get the chance to I'm underneath the water. Last year I was in Mexico, and we went to the beach while we were there and it amazed me at how close all the fish were to the beach. As long as I stayed by the rocks there were hundreds of colorful fish everywhere! It was like a big salt water tank in your house. It was so cool. I tried to get a bunch of pictures of them, but the underwater camera I have is pretty crappy. I might have to invest in a new one soon, because seriously the fish are amazing! I did venture a little farther south more out to the ocean when I was in Mexico because I wanted to see if the fish got any bigger and boy did they! I scared a huge school of tuna that had to have some fish in there that weighed close to over 40 pounds. They were big suckers. The water got really dark and kinda scary though cause every now and then you would see some huge thing swim in really close to me then take off, and I couldn't tell what it was. So I decided to stay close to the shore cause I didn't have any scuba gear just snorkel and no knife on me. Plus it was a lot lighter closer to shore. I realized once I got back in I was diving down about 20ft and with a snorkel you just can't enjoy as much that way. I was getting tired of going down for about a minute and a half then swimming back up and going back down not being able to find the fish I was following. So I stayed close to the shore and close to the rocks, which didn't really matter because there were still hundreds of fish in the rocks everywhere! The only downside was that my body was cut all over where I was slammed against the rocks when the waves came up and went out. I had my wetsuit shirt on so that wasn't as bad but it still hurt. It was amazing.

There was the time I got to swim with the Beluga Whales at Sea World. That was um basically pretty much the coolest thing ever! Those animals are so majestic and so powerful. Also the water was butt cold. I didn't care though. It was just cool being able to be with them in the water swimming around and it's something I'm gonna do every time I go down now. One of my main goals in life is to swim with 2 species of shark. A Whale Shark, and a Great White Shark. I wanna ride a Whale Shark so bad! It would be pretty awesome. I'm also totally fine with being in the water with a Great White without the cage. Yes that sounds crazy to a lot of you, but who cares what you think this is my dream! Lol..

I don't know, there is just something about me being in the ocean that calms me down. Whether it's being around the hundreds of fish, gliding over the waves on a surfboard, o the fact that when I am under the water, the only thing I can hear is the waves going back and forth and me breathing. There is nothing else there. It's silent. Nothing but you and the countless fish and things that create an enormous beauty. I've always wondered what it would of been like for the first people to go in the water diving to see what they saw. To be the first deep see divers that went down and saw some of the deep sea creatures that look like something out of the twilight zone. I hope I'm around when the first Giant Squid is captured alive. I've always wanted to see one. I'm just fascinated by the crazy gigantic amounts of animal life that is there. Also the fact that less then half of the ocean has been explored. Meaning who knows what else could be down there. It all makes me so excited and happy to think about! I really wanna be a part of it all somehow. I need to figure that one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment