Monday, July 11, 2011

The Princess Bride

This show is hilarious. I first watched it on t.v. at my buddy Cams house when I was like ten. Loved it ever since. Just barely got the book from him so I could read it. I just love the story, each character is hilarious and the show just flows so smoothly.

Well as you may know if you read previous posts, I was auditioning for Hairspray to help out a friend that was trying to help out her director friend. I was cast in the show as a teen council member, but after a few weeks of being at rehearsals and stuff I started to really not like it at all. I hate the movie anyways. So I started thinking about the possibility of dropping out. I felt really bad about it though. I was one of few really good male voices that they had(was told this) and a good actor in the group. I also tried out for Singing in the Rain at the Scera Shell, their first summer show. It was being done by one of my favorite directors Jerry Ellison, so I had to try out. I love working with this man. He's been directing for 26 years and knows what he is doing. Also he doesn't pick and choose his favorites and puts them in the show. He goes off of talent and need. I was super worried though because this show requires a lot of tap dancing. Of which I have no clue how to do. Never done it before in my life. I tried out anyways though. Ended up making the show and my terror of learning how to tap dance started away. I told the director of Hairspray what the dealio was and he was ok with it all, he still wanted to keep me in the show though. Super lame. Long story short I think their show is gonna fail bad. I ended up dropping out of it. Still keep in contact with a few cast members from it, but have nothing to do with the show itself.

The reason I mentioned The Princess Bride though is they are performing it up in Park City at the end of this month for like 8 shows I believe. I was contacted last weekend and offered the part of Prince Humperdink! So stoked to be playing the villain in this show. Always wanted to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment