Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day 3

So I now realized that since I have actually been on vacation since last Sunday that this should technically be called day 6. I just don't care to change it...So day 3 it is. Today was a pretty nice easy day actually nothing too bad at all. I woke up around 1 cause I had to meet a friend in Madrid so we could go to a theme park. Well she called me from work and told me that she would prefer to go on Thursday cause she was super tired and didn't want to go today. Which is totally fine with me! Yes I'm on vacation and yes I'm supposed to be doing great awesome things every day, but think about it. It's not like I'm in the states. I'm in Europe. Just going out and sitting on a bench watching people here is fun. People here are quite hilarious actually. So I actually just slept a little bit longer and got up and ate breakfast. Javi came in and we got talking about his girl and how he was in Madrid all morning. His mom and grandma were in the living room watching one of their many favorite t.v. shows, los bandaleros so Javi was actually really bored lol. So I went back into my room to do some homework. Got a good amount done when Javi wanted to play some video games. Which I was cool with cause lets be honest people...the kid looked bored to death and needed to do something. So we played for a couple hours till his the ladies of the house wanted to watch another of their t.v. shows that they watch here every day. Which I was cool with cause I wanted to get some more homework done. So I went back to my room turned on some Home Improvement on the Youtube and watched till about 7. I was meeting a friend in Madrid around 8, so I had to get ready to leave. I asked Monica to come with me cuase if she didn't when the night was over with Jorge I would be wandering around Alcala trying to find my way home. So we took the train and then the bus down to Madrid, Plaza Del Sol to meet up with Jorge. Jorge is a really good friend of mine from a city called Guadalajara...not Mexico...Spain...His city was my second area in Spain on my mission. He has a family and a great wife with now 3 kids. Only one when I was there. We met up went out to eat and had a great time. Had one of my favorite dishes....Paella..love the stuff. Basically awesome rice with great other things. At the end of the night after a good conversation and 2 bowls of icecream, he took me and Monica who went to visit her aunt back to her house. I'm planning on staying with him next Friday night so he can take me to the airport in the morning since no one will be at Monicas place...she is going to Denmark Friday morning and her Mom doesn't really know how to get me there. All in all it was a great trip and tomorrow is the theme park day!

No comments:

Post a Comment