Wednesday, February 10, 2010

One Step Closer To Working at Sea World


Another post from the past lol. Well this one I've wanted to write down for a while so just deal with it!


Last Feburary, Me and my current girl friend at the time had talked about getting married sometime later in the year. We were both extremely happy and had starting going out and looking at rings. She gave me an idea of what she wanted and I had started looking on my own to find the perfect ring. She was thinking of going to China for the summer and I had planned to propose after she got back, Or if she didnt get into the program I would propose during the summer and we would get married during the summer sometime.


Well the week of Valentines Day she called me up and wanted to talk, so we get together go out and get some lunch, but it just felt really weird like something was wrong and this was normal. She mentioned taking a drive up the canyon so we did and when we got to the lake we kinda just sat there for a few moments before anyone said anything..so I broke the ice and was like whats wrong? She then proceeded to tell me that she thinks she was never really in love with me and wanted to break up...kinda heart breaking to have the girl you love and want to be with tell you that....The ride home was definatly a long one.


Well I was taking it pretty hard for a few days that one day I finally decided I needed to get away from Utah for a few days. So I called up some friends and asked if they wanted to take a road trip. We got 5 of us together and decided to go to Cali, and Of course go to Disneyland. We set everything up and it all kinda just fell into place. It was really nice. We left about 2 weeks after. The trip down was way fun and hilarious..We finally got to Cali about 9 hours later super tired and excited. Got to our hotel which was about 5 minutes away from Disneyland. We enjoyed three days at Disneyland(it had been about 5 years since Ive been back to my home town. On the 4th day, I didnt really want to go to Disneyland again, and I wanted some time to myself to think about my ex and where i wanted my life to go next. So I got in my car and drove to San Diego to one of my favorite places in the world. Sea World! I love that place. I could easily spend days on end there. Kinda one of the reasons I wanna work there thats for sure. I feel at home at that place, I dont know why but I really do. And it was nice just be by myself and think about a few things, clear my head of the ex and just be in a fun place. I had tried years before to get into the dolphin program there and was unable to due to the fact that during the summer they are booked solid for months, but this was march so why not give it another shot right? So I walked into the office area where you sign up for the class, hoping I could get a spot. Well they had set up a new program about 4 years earlier that was called Wild Artic encounter. I gave it a looksy and decided that was the one I wanted to do.


I didnt have to be there till around 4 and it was only 1 so I walked around the park some more saw some shows and just kinda chilled. The time eventually came and it was amazing! They took us behind the scenes of the whole Antartica and Wild Artic exhibits and we got to see lots of critters. We stopped at the Walrus exhibit first and got to feed them and play with them for a bit, then we went back to were they keep the Polar Bears and watch one of the trainers feed the male and then the female. WOW! I knew they were big but seeing them from about 2 feet away was just incredible..I still really wanna ride one. Then we met some seals and then went to put on the gear to kinda keep us warm in the 50 degree water. We jumped into the pen with the whales and dang it was cold...im sure some body parts disapered for a bit during this time....The whales came over and it was such a cool experience to be able to interact with the whales. They taught us a lot about them and let us hold and swim with them(if we wanted to) and we spent about 45 minutes a piece with both of the whales. They let us teach them some tricks and they spalshed us with the freezing water..Being there that day made me realize even more how much I wanna be a trainer there..The trainers there even asked me if I've thought of doing something like that because the whales seemed so comfortable with me, and thats what they look for in trainers. So I cant wait to pursue that career someday. When the time is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment