Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 7- Photo that makes me happy......


I've grown quite fond on being in shows and performing for people. Every time I go to Disneyland I love watching the characters and seeing how they react to kids and to people and spend the countless hours that they do during the summer, waving, smiling, posing, hugging, signing autographs, doing all the things that they do. I've always thought that would be way cool to do, but figured that I would never really get the chance to do that. I got a small part of it in one of the shows I did a few years ago. The show was called Best of Disney. It was put together at a theater that I spent a lot of time at, and I was pretty excited about it all. I was in another show at the time that I was asked to do this one, and when they asked me to play Aladdin, I was needless to say pretty much amazed and at the same time so stoked! I was in most of the other numbers in the show, but the three numbers that I was going to get to preform as Aladdin, I was more happy for. I was going to be doing "One Jump Ahead, The Genie Song, and A Whole New World". We started the rehearsal process and got ready for the show a short 8 weeks later. Now the show itself was going to be a lot of fun, but I was looking more forward to the before and after parts of the show. Before each show we were to go out dressed up in costume with our respective princess and just mingle with the crowds. On Saturdays they did something called Breakfast With The Princesses. Here we would get there about an hour before the show and spend time with the kids and families before the show started. It was SO MUCH FUN! I remember opening night getting there a little late and my partner Haley came in and was like "Montieus get out here, we got kids waiting!' We always yelled at each other just for fun. It was great! So we stepped out and instantly you are rushed by children wanting autographs and pictures with their favorite prince and princess. Many were there. We had all the most popular ones and the kids loved it. One of my favorite nights would of have to been when Jasmin came in and was like "Aladdin you have a special fan out there waiting for you".. boy was she right. I didn't even get all the way out of the curtain and I hear "Prince Ali, Prince Ali! and through the light I can see this little girl, Jasmin's little niece, come barreling at me from the other side of the room and jumping into my arms. My dream had come true...well kinda...lol It really is fun to make some little girls day well according to her whole year lol. We did that for a lot of little boys and little girls that all came dressed up in their favorite costumes and all. It was really a magical little show. I've always wanted to go be a character down at Disneyland ever since. Don't think it would ever happen but it would be cool. The show was shut down about 3 weeks before we were supposed to close for some issues with the theater and we were all sad, but the time that we had with all those little kids was awesome. To this day and 23 shows later, it is still one of my most favorite shows that I have done, just because it was so neat to see all the attentive smiling faces every time we walked out on stage to sing or dance or whatever it was that we did. It was so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment