Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 8- A picture of something that makes me sad/angry...

This picture always makes me Sad/Happy...
I was born in Orange County California back in 1984, and this beach was about 30 minutes from where I lived as a kid for the first I think it was 7 years of my life. We would go all the time at least once a week and spend the whole day there, surfing, bogyboarding, making sand castles, exploring just having a great time. Then my dad moved us here to Utah to be closer to his parents and he thought it would be a good idea to raise his son and daughter up here. Now I love my dad and his decision I do appreciate now later in life...but I don't really like Utah at all...yea we have the mountains and I like the things you can do there, the atmosphere is nice, but to be honest that is about it...The people here can be very judgmental and very rude and I miss the care free get to know you before they make a conclusion kinda people that we Californians are. I miss the beach and I miss going to Sea World and Disneyland. I'm a big city kinda guy and also a huge beach bum. I could spend hours on end at the beach just having a blast doing pretty much anything..From diving to surfing, to exploring caves and little tide pools catching crabs and fish...up here yea we have lakes and rivers, but nothing quite can compare to being tossed around in the waves..and you don't have to have a boat or jet skies in Cali to have a good time. You just walk out on the beach and have a great time. Granted California has kinda slipped into the pit of death that is the natural man, that we are always warned about and that part I don't miss and I am rather grateful to not be a part of it, but I would gladly take a day at the beach over almost any day I've had in the 17 years I have lived here. I'm so happy every time I get to Cali and so sad every time I leave the wonderful place. Maybe one day I will end up there again and be able to call it home once more..Probably not for a while, I have a wonderful job here and some great friends, and living in Cali, is way too expensive lol. Although I would be fine with a box on the beach. So for now I will just have to enjoy the couple times a year that I get to go down there for a few weeks and just live it up.

1 comment:

  1. California is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. I did live there for about 6 years - we left when I was 15, and I have no desire to ever return. And it has everything to do with the people. I'd actually prefer Utah over California, and that's saying something if you know how I feel about Utah. But hey, I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete